Our Current Job Vacancies
Vocal Coach – Wyre Forest Young Voices
Wyre Forest Young Voices are recruiting for the positon of Vocal Coach for their youth choir of 11-18 years, based in Kidderminster, Worcestershire. Candidates applying for this post will be required to:
- Be responsible for the young singers’ voices and ready to give support and advice for any issues they have with their singing (being respectful that they may also have singing lessons elsewhere). This responsibility also extends to allocating each child to the correct voice part and monitoring this during their time in the choir.
- Have an understanding of boys changing voices and advise when trebles are ready to safely join the baritone section.
- Annually in the summer term write a short report on each member commenting on vocal progress made during the year.
- Take warm up at the start of rehearsals and incorporate good vocal technique, aural training and choral discipline into activities whilst making it fun and informative.
- Have an excellent understanding of vocal technique and be comfortable demonstrating this in a number of different styles (classical, musical theatre, pop, folk etc)
- Take sectionals as and when required by the artistic director.
- Work with the artistic director and principal accompanist to create challenging, interesting and diverse programmes of music.
- Occasionally, if comfortable, conduct the choir for a couple of pieces during concerts.
In addition to weekly rehearsals, be available for concerts and tours (these are decided well in advance).
For more information about the role please contact Geoffrey Weaver, Musical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 28th June 2018. Please apply in writing to: email@example.com.